Individuals are eligible for ADAP if they:
- are a resident of California;
- are HIV infected;
- are 18 years of age or older;
- has a Modified Adjusted Gross Income of not more than 500% of Federal Poverty Level (FPL), based on household income (e.g., $58,850 for a household of one);
- have a valid prescription from a licensed California physician;
- and lack private insurance that covers the medications, or do not qualify for no-cost Medi-Cal.
If you meet the eligibility requirements, you must apply in person at an authorized ADAP enrollment site. You will be responsible to provide support documentation to verify your eligibility.
Once you complete your enrollment into ADAP, your HIV medications will be accessible through participating ADAP pharmacies. Currently, 185 drugs are available through ADAP, and there are over 4,000 participating pharmacies statewide where you can access these drugs.