There are five qualifications for the program:
- You must be a Colorado resident.
- You must have proof of HIV positive diagnosis from a doctor or testing facility.
- You must be at or below 400 percent of the Federal Poverty Level, (see below). If your income is between 400 to 500 percent times the Federal Poverty Level, you're eligible for assistance with prescription medications only.
- The Ryan White ADAP system must be the payer of last resort. If you're eligible for Medicaid, you must verify that you have applied for that program. You may receive temporary access to our uninsured program while this application is pending. If you are eligible for insurance through your employer, a COBRA policy, or on an individual program, you will need to receive assistance through Colorado ADAP's Health Insurance Assistance Program (HIAP) if you would be able to access medications in an affordable manner through that insurance.
- If you are eligible for Medicare, you will also need to join Colorado ADAP's Bridging the Gap, Colorado (BTGC) plan for assistance with the costs of Medicare prescription drug premiums and related co-payments.
- If you cannot access any other insurance, you will be enrolled in the HIV Medication Assistance Program, or HMAP.
- If you are on Medicaid (only), you must access HIV medications through that program.
|Persons in Family or Household||400%|
*For each additional family member, add $15,580
- All members of Colorado ADAP must recertify their eligibility for the program every six months.
- This recertification is due on the last day of your birth month and the last day of the month six months from then.
- Please submit your recertification documentation on time to avoid delays in getting your medications or the loss of insurance, because the ADAP can't pay for premiums for individuals whose eligibility has expired.
COMPLETE and SUBMIT an APPLICATION FOR COLORADO ADAP ONLINE:
- ADAP Enrollment- (Includes Online portal options)
- First Time Enrollee Instruction Page
- NEW--Using the Online application and recertification portal with text/email reminder System! (using Colorado ADAP with a computer,tablet, or smart phone
For assistance in enrolling in Colorado ADAP, Call the ADAP HELP DESK at 303-692-2716, or contact the appropriate Colorado AIDS Service Organization in your region:
Boulder County AIDS Project
Boulder, Broomfield, Clear Creek and Gilpin Counties
Colorado AIDS Project
Adams, Arapahoe, Denver, Douglas, and Jefferson Counties
Northern Colorado AIDS Project
Larimer, Logan, Morgan, Philips, Sedgwick, Washington, Weld, and Yuma Counties
Southern Colorado AIDS Project
Alamosa, Baca, Bent, Chaffee, Cheyenne, Conejos, Costilla, Crowley, Custer, El Paso, Elbert, Fremont, Huerfano, Kiowa, Kit Carson, Las Animas, Mineral, Otero, Park, Prowers, Pueblo, Rio Grande, Saguache, and Teller Counties
Western Colorado AIDS Project
Archuelta, Delta, Eagle, Dolores, Garfield, Grand, Gunnison, Hinsdale, Jackson, Lake, La Plata, Mesa, Moffat, Montezuma, Montrose, Ouray, Pitkin, Rio Blanco, Routt, San Juan, San Miguel, and Summit Counties