- Clients must have a diagnosis of HIV disease as verified by laboratory (positive HIV test result) or clinical (physician-documented diagnosis) evidence. Documentation of client's HIV status must be on file with the Medical Case Manager.
- Clients must be living on Guam and must have a valid street/home address as evidenced by at least one of the following:
- Current Guam driver's license or official Guam ID;
- Utility bills in client' s name;
- Mortgage or rental/lease agreement in client's name or a notarized statement from the landlord;
- Verification of residency from a Mayor' s office; or
- Verification of residency from a homeless shelter or community center serving homeless individuals.
- Clients must be financially eligible. A client's annual household income must not exceed 300% of the Federal Poverty Measure. Family size is the number of family members who live together. Family income is the sum of income of all family members who live together.
Examples of income include: salaries/wages, unemployment compensation, Social Security, public assistance, veteran payments, survivor benefits, pension or retirement income, interest, dividends, rents, royalties, income from estates, trusts, educational assistance, child support, alimony, and any other income from outside the household (describe).
Examples of income verification include: current pay stubs, current employment verification from employer indicating monthly or annual salary; self-employ business records, social security and/or other income award letters, most recent year tax returns or other tax documents showing income, e.g. W-2 form.
Non-cash benefits (e.g., food stamps, housing subsidies) and capital gains (or losses) are excluded. Non- liquid resources or fixed assets are not considered in determining financial eligibility.
- Clients must be enrolled in Medical Case Management and complete the required care and service screenings.
- All RWHAP clients including ADAP clients must be rescreened for eligibility every six (6) months, and be recertified. If income and/or employment status is unchanged from the previous certification/determination and existing documentation is still valid and/or current, the Medical Case Manager and client should so attest at time of recertification.
- Clients must be U.S. citizens or permanent resident aliens as evidenced by one of the following:
- Birth Certificate
- Alien Registration Receipt Card
Please call the RWHAP Medical Case Manager at (671)735-7174 or Program Coordinator at (671) 735-3603.