To be eligible for coverage by the Ryan White Part B Medical Services Program, the Insurance Assistance Program, and the HIV Drug Assistance Program, a recipient must meet the following criteria and then see a Medical Case Manager:
- The recipient must be a resident as evidenced by one of the following:
- Valid driver's license or State Identification Card;
- Mortgage or rental lease in recipient's name;
- Tennessee utility bills in recipient's name;
- Letter of identification and verification of residency from a verifiable homeless shelter or community center serving homeless individuals;
- Mail postmarked within the last 30 days and delivered to recipient's address.
- The recipient must meet the income guidelines established by the programs:
- Maximum gross monthly income less than or equal to 400% of current federal poverty level;
- Household resources value less than or equal to $8,000. (Resources include cash on hand, money in checking and/or savings accounts, or resources that can be quickly converted into cash, such as stocks, bonds, or certificates of deposit, etc.).
- The recipient must have a medical diagnosis of HIV as demonstrated by:
- A positive screening test for HIV antibody. The HIV sero-status must be confirmed by a more specific confirmatory test (either the Western blot assay or Indirect immunoflourescence assay [IFA] before being considered definitive for confirming HIV infection);
- Detectable HIV RNA by PCR (Viral Load) test results.
See a Medical Case Manager to apply.