In order to be eligible for the Ryan White Part B Program, an individual must:
- Be HIV Positive
- Reside In Utah
- Be at or below 250% of the Federal Poverty Level(FPL) according to gross annual household income
- Not own more than one registered vehicle
- Not own more than one home
- Not have assets exceeding $5,000
If an individual is eligible for Medicaid then that individual is not eligible for the Ryan White Part B Program. If an individual is eligible for Medicaid and chooses not to pay his/her spend down, then the Ryan White Part B Program will not cover those services that would have been covered by Medicaid if the individual had paid their spend down.
For more information about the Ryan White Part B Program, please call (801) 538-6197
The Ryan White Part B Program recommends that you get help from a case manager to apply. Your case manager can help you fill out the application forms and send them to the Ryan White Part B Program.
Case Management Phone Numbers:
- University of Utah Hospital, Clinic 1A
- Utah AIDS Foundation (UAF)
- Veteran Affairs Medical Center
- 801-582-1565 ext. #2446
Case managers can help you and your family make a plan to get the medical services and community support services you may need.
For more information on how to apply, please call (801) 538-6197